A brief history of the Pista Sohan Halwa
In 1750 the Hafiz Halwa shop located in Pakistan, i.e. Multan was started by Dewan Sawan Mai. He was the one who ruled Multan during that period. But some claim that the product was first seen in Persia and it was the Iranian people who introduced it. It was seen as a sweet that was consumed at social gatherings.
Others say that it was bought to the Indian subcontinent in the 16th century at the time that the Mughal emperor namely Humayun was the ruler. Whatever its origin, Pista Halwa is now seen as a popular dessert in these countries. The pista Sohan halwa price is reasonable as well.
What does it contain?
Halwa has different ingredients that include sugar, cornflour, almonds, pistachio, green cardamom, ghee, milk, water, saffron. These ingredients are made in a certain way to produce the Pista Halwa.
How to make it
You can buy pasta Sohan halwa from various shops across countries like Pakistan. The pista Sohan halwa price varies as well. People also make it at home. You can make it in the following way:
- Warm around a liter of water then add some sugar. After this, you will boil it for around five minutes.
- Include one cup of milk then boil it for five minutes.
- You must strain this via a muslin bag. A thin cloth can be used also.
- Now add the water that is left along with the sugar syrup.
- The saffron has to be dissolved within warm water then added to the above.
- Take the cornflour and add to the cornflour mixture. Cook on low flame.
- At the time that the cornflour gets thick, put in a tablespoon of ghee.
- Keep on adding the ghee, i.e. 1/2kg gradually whilst cooking to stop it from sticking to the pot you are using.
- Mix properly and when the ghee moves from the mixture you are ready.
- Include almonds, pistachio plus green cardamoms. Because it is pista halwa, you can include how much of these that you want.
- Take a pan and grease it with oil.
- Put the halwa in this by spreading as well as pressing it using a wooden spoon which will help you flatten it.
- Make it look amazing with the help of almonds, pistachio along with cardamoms.
- When it becomes cooler, you can cut it according to how you want and it is ready to serve.
Where can you get it from?
Pista Sohan halwa online can be found ON different platforms on the internet. The benefit of pista sohan halwa online is that you can compare prices and get one of your choices. You can buy pista sohan halwa from different shops located in Multan, Dera Ismail Khan, etc.